Overview of Communication in Our MWGCS Community
Jump to Newsletters
- Students will receive paper-based communication from their teachers inside their backpacks in folders or binders on a daily or weekly basis. These items may include weekly evaluation forms, examples of work, and work logs. Typically, any additional paper handouts from PTO (including the Monthly HOOT newsletter/calendar…great to post on your fridge), memos from the BOD, Executive Director, etc. are distributed on Fridays, so make a habit of fully reviewing your child’s backpack on Friday afternoons.
- Teacher and Room Parent Emails – Periodically teachers may email families directly for 1-on-1 information sharing or to arrange parent-teacher meetings. Teachers and/or room parents may also email the class families as a group to provide updates on weekly activities, field trips, upcoming events, and assignments.
- Weekly Newsletters – These colorful summary newsletters are the most comprehensive look each week at what’s happened and what is upcoming at MWGCS. Sent out each Friday morning, these newsletters include a section from our Executive Director, Patrice Cherico, and Assistant Principal, Cathy Tobin, along with an update from the Board of Directors and PTO. Watch for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SchoolMint – This system is used by the school office staff to send official school communication related to forms, activities, and other important requests on a periodic basis. Keep an eye out for emails from email@example.com
Online & Social Media Resources
- School website: www.montessoriwgc.com
- PTO website: www.ptoowls.com
- Online school calendar: montessoriwgc.com/calendar/ - linked on both the school and PTO websites, this Google calendar is updated regularly with all school holidays, events, and meetings. Add it to your own Google calendar with the click of a button, and help line up your schedules!
- PTO Owls Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/ptoowls/ - the hub for parent online communication and dialogue. Ask questions and make new connections here!
- MWGCS School Facebook Page: facebook.com/MontessoriWGC/ - our main social media presence for our school.
- Classroom Facebook Pages: Each class has their own private designated page to promote community and discussion amongst families and teachers, posting photos, and more.
Sign Up Genius (SUG)
- This is the primary place for finding and signing up for helping with activities, in the classroom, and also for bringing in donated items.
- Bookmark www.signupgenius.com, create an account and check it regularly for volunteering opportunities.
- We will also publish direct links to Sign Up Genius volunteering opportunities that you can click on and sign up for (even without an account). Watch for them in the weekly newsletters or on our Facebook PTO Owls Group.
- PTO also has a direct link to check SUG opportunities at ptoowls.com/sign-up-genius/.
- Note that signing up on Sign Up Genius is NOT considered officially submitting hours.
Don’t forget to visit ADDitions to officially log your hours (either those done at the school, or at home) to meet the 20-hour volunteering requirement per family per year!
- 2016 November 4th Newsletter
- 2016 October 28th Newsletter
- 2016 October 21st Newsletter
- 2016 October 14th Newsletter
- 2016 October 9th Special Edition Newsletter
- 2016 October 6th Special Edition Newsletter ahead of Hurricane Matthew
- 2016 September 30th Newsletter
- 2016 September 23rd Newsletter
- UPDATE 2016 September 16th Newsletter
- 2016 September 16th Newsletter
- 2016 September 9th Newsletter
- 2016 September 2nd Newsletter
- 2016 August 26th Newsletter
- 2016 August 19th Newsletter
- July 23rd Newsletter
- Special June 17th Newsletter
- June 10th Newsletter
- June 3rd Newsletter