Welcome to Band
Band Director: Michael email
IMO Winds and Percussion
Please stay tuned for information regarding the 2017/18 IMO Winds and Percussion soon!
We are thrilled to offer instrumental music as part of the 2016-2017 school year. We are offering two programs: Concert Band and Brass & Percussion Visual Ensemble (BPVE).
- Meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30PM to 5:30PM
- Offered to students currently in grades 4th through 7th
Brass & Percussion Visual Ensemble
- Meets every Monday and Friday from 3:30PM to 5:30PM & every Wednesday from 2:30PM to 4:30PM
- Offered to students currently in grades 5th through 7th (a few 4th grade students may participate if proficiencies are demonstrated at the discretion of the director)
Both bands are beginner bands with Concert Band focusing on fundamentals and approach to playing while BPVE takes it a step further and adds movement while playing. Like our friend Chef Gusteau and his "everyone can cook" approach to cooking, in these bands, everyone can play. Whether you are a brand new student that has never held an instrument, or you are a blossoming musician with years of experience, you will find an environment that is fun, challenging, and encouraging. We have three rules in band:
- Have Fun
- Play to the best of your ability
- Play like you mean it
Like all schools in OCPS, we ask that students submit a fair share payment to assist with costs since we are not funded by OCPS. This money will provide music books, music compositions, performance shirts, and some instruments. For this school year, the Fair Share is $60 - checks payable to MWGCS. In addition, all students will need to provide their own instruments. We recommend you rent an instrument rather than purchase - that gives the student flexibility if they decide to change instruments.
NEW for 4th grade Concert Band Permission Slip
NEW for students joining band after September 15 Band Information